This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Safer than safe?

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:53 PM
Is there any chance of getting a whitespace minification mode that's safer than "Safe"?

Specifically: "removes all leading and trailing whitespace characters from outer contents of non-independent tags" - I'd like a version that converted all multiple whitespace to single whitespace characters.
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2016 at 2:50 PM
Safe whitespace minification mode means, that minification does not change the appearance of web page.

Your web page has changed appearance?
Apr 25, 2016 at 3:06 PM
Yes, it has. It is affecting the spacing between items of unordered lists.

See the difference between the header in the top-right of this page where it says "Register | Login":

https://www.artimage.org.uk/

versus this version of the header on a page which is not minified:

https://www.artimage.org.uk/6072/andy-warhol/prince--c--1984

I have switched off minification on the second page because it was also removing spacing between items in the list of keywords on the page (i.e. "pop art, portrait, celebrity, black, orange, red" was showing up as "pop art,portrait,celebrity,black,orange,red") - because it is also implemented as an unordered list.

I am using the MVC4 version of MebMarkupMin version 2.0.0-rc3, even though it is a release candidate. Aside from this issue, it seems very good!
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2016 at 3:32 PM
In next release I will try to solve this problem, but it will not be soon.

Now I have no free time.
Apr 25, 2016 at 4:08 PM
That's good to know. Thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2016 at 4:51 PM
In next 2 weeks will not be exact free time.
Coordinator
May 10, 2016 at 11:47 AM
Hello, Awinterbottom!

In WebMarkupMin 2.0.0 RC 7 improved a safe whitespace minification mode. But in your case, safe mode is not enough, you also have set to RemoveOptionalEndTags option value equals to false. In next version I'll do more fine-tuning removal of the optional end tags