This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

What can prevent this from running?

Nov 19, 2014 at 9:41 PM
I'm checking your library and it works awesome on some of my pages, but I notices on the pages I'm using this https://github.com/vcliment89/GridViewEX is not working. I wrote that library and I have no clue what is preventing from running the html minifier from running on the pages where I use this. You have any clues or where should I start checking?

Thanks,
Vicent
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Hello, Vicent!

Try to increase the value of the maxResponseSize property to 200000 (or more):
<configuration>
   …
   <webMarkupMin xmlns="http://tempuri.org/WebMarkupMin.Configuration.xsd">
      …
      <webExtensions maxResponseSize="200000" />
      …
   </webMarkupMin>
   …
</configuration>
Nov 20, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Hi Taritsyn,

That did work, however I do have an issue with all my updatepanels, any of them work. JS error says:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'PRM_ParserErrorDetails' of undefined MsAjaxBundle.js:1
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager._parseDelta MsAjaxBundle.js:1
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager._onFormSubmitCompleted MsAjaxBundle.js:1
(anonymous function) MsAjaxBundle.js:1(anonymous function) MsAjaxBundle.js:1
Sys.Net.WebRequest.completed MsAjaxBundle.js:1_onReadyStateChange MsAjaxBundle.js:1

Any thought on this? If I disable the library (not minfying) the updatepanels do work.
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Try to install WebMarkupMin.MsAjax and follow the instructions from readme.txt file.
Nov 20, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Sorry, that didn't work... my web.config look standard for the WebMarkupMin
<webMarkupMin xmlns="http://tempuri.org/WebMarkupMin.Configuration.xsd">
    <core>
      <html whitespaceMinificationMode="Medium" removeHtmlComments="true" removeHtmlCommentsFromScriptsAndStyles="true"
        removeCdataSectionsFromScriptsAndStyles="true" useShortDoctype="true" useMetaCharsetTag="true" emptyTagRenderMode="NoSlash"
        removeOptionalEndTags="true" removeTagsWithoutContent="false" collapseBooleanAttributes="true" removeEmptyAttributes="true"
        attributeQuotesRemovalMode="Html5" removeRedundantAttributes="true" removeJsTypeAttributes="true" removeCssTypeAttributes="true"
        removeHttpProtocolFromAttributes="false" removeHttpsProtocolFromAttributes="false" removeJsProtocolFromAttributes="true" minifyEmbeddedCssCode="true"
        minifyInlineCssCode="true" minifyEmbeddedJsCode="true" minifyInlineJsCode="true" processableScriptTypeList="" minifyKnockoutBindingExpressions="false"
        minifyAngularBindingExpressions="false" customAngularDirectiveList="" />
      <xhtml whitespaceMinificationMode="Medium" removeHtmlComments="true" removeHtmlCommentsFromScriptsAndStyles="true" renderEmptyTagsWithSpace="true"
        useShortDoctype="false" useMetaCharsetTag="false" removeTagsWithoutContent="false" removeEmptyAttributes="true" removeRedundantAttributes="true"
        removeHttpProtocolFromAttributes="false" removeHttpsProtocolFromAttributes="false" removeJsProtocolFromAttributes="true" minifyEmbeddedCssCode="true"
        minifyInlineCssCode="true" minifyEmbeddedJsCode="true" minifyInlineJsCode="true" processableScriptTypeList="" minifyKnockoutBindingExpressions="false"
        minifyAngularBindingExpressions="false" customAngularDirectiveList="" />
      <xml minifyWhitespace="true" removeXmlComments="true" renderEmptyTagsWithSpace="false" collapseTagsWithoutContent="false" />
      <css defaultMinifier="MsAjaxCssMinifier">
        <minifiers>
                  <add name="NullCssMinifier" displayName="Null CSS Minifier" type="WebMarkupMin.Core.Minifiers.NullCssMinifier, WebMarkupMin.Core" />
                  <add name="KristensenCssMinifier" displayName="Mads Kristensen's CSS minifier" type="WebMarkupMin.Core.Minifiers.KristensenCssMinifier, WebMarkupMin.Core" />
                  <add name="MsAjaxCssMinifier" displayName="Microsoft Ajax CSS Minifier" type="WebMarkupMin.MsAjax.Minifiers.MsAjaxCssMinifier, WebMarkupMin.MsAjax" />
        </minifiers>
      </css>
      <js defaultMinifier="MsAjaxJsMinifier">
        <minifiers>
                    <add name="NullJsMinifier" displayName="Null JS Minifier" type="WebMarkupMin.Core.Minifiers.NullJsMinifier, WebMarkupMin.Core" />
                    <add name="CrockfordJsMinifier" displayName="Douglas Crockford's JS Minifier" type="WebMarkupMin.Core.Minifiers.CrockfordJsMinifier, WebMarkupMin.Core" />
                  <add name="MsAjaxJsMinifier" displayName="Microsoft Ajax JS Minifier" type="WebMarkupMin.MsAjax.Minifiers.MsAjaxJsMinifier, WebMarkupMin.MsAjax" />
        </minifiers>
      </js>
      <logging defaultLogger="ThrowExceptionLogger">
        <loggers>
                    <add name="NullLogger" displayName="Null Logger" type="WebMarkupMin.Core.Loggers.NullLogger, WebMarkupMin.Core" />
                    <add name="ThrowExceptionLogger" displayName="Throw exception logger" type="WebMarkupMin.Core.Loggers.ThrowExceptionLogger, WebMarkupMin.Core" />
                  </loggers>
      </logging>
    </core>
    <webExtensions enableMinification="true" disableMinificationInDebugMode="false" enableCompression="true" disableCompressionInDebugMode="true"
      maxResponseSize="400000" disableCopyrightHttpHeaders="false" />
  </webMarkupMin>
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Hello, Vicent!

Try to add to the CodeBehind-file of page the following code:
protected void Page_PreLoad(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    if (IsPostBack)
    {
        EnableMinification = false;
    }
}